As today (7/8) is a rest day, I thought I'd do a quick report in the progress.
The red Louet corriedale is finished, plied, washed, then caked ready-to-use. I n-plied it on the same wheel that it was spun on, Ashford Traditional. Very smooth! The left skein is what I did during the first wk of Tour de Fleece. The left is what I spun on Kiwi and then n-plied around December or January this year so it's kind of interesting to see my improved spinning and plying skills. :)
My merino is still doing well, still on the 3rd bobbin. After this I'm going to start plying.
For the YarnChefSpin Merino/Bamboo blend that I finished plying in the beginning of the TdF (to free up the bobbins) is now being knitted up in a shawl! I also spun this last year-ish so I'm seeing more thick and thin spots, especially since this is a 2-ply.
I dyed up some rovings a couple of days ago and played with some label designs yesterday. I just did it to see if I can give to friends as gifts but it gave me enough confidence to consider selling them. Hmmm.
Well it is a rest day but I don't think ill rest haha. Just keep this momentum going!