Last week, I finished the Fork in the Road socks for Sock it to me KAL - Revenge of the Stripes. I tried the heel technique for Marty's socks last time, but these are all for me, and this time I used the same technique for the toes as well, and I really really like the fit. Usually, I go for the "common" side decreases for the toe but I find this hat toe to have a better fit for my very tapered (aka Egyptian) toes.
The yarn I used is from Toil & Trouble's Maleficent Purple & Yellow sock yarn. It's very soft, but still feels sturdy enough.
Currently, I'm working on Marty's socks in Lorna's Laces Solemate in "Flames" colorway. I adopted Inside Out Sock pattern, cast on 60 sts on Sz 1 DPNs, and worked the ribs for the leg, did 1" Stockinette rounds then did Fish Lips Kiss heel, then continued on in Stockinette St foot. I might have to re do the toes, because it came out a little too long.
So far, I'm really liking the yarn. It's really soft, and feels like it's going to insulate really well. Feels cool in my hands, but wool should still make them pretty warm.